In this GEN Market & Tech Analysis report we examine the landscape of cancer personalized medicine based on the results of bottom-up market analyses, which pinpoint the current status and trajectory of cancer personalized medicine.
Highlights of this report:
- Cancer personalized medicine is the major driver moving the entity of personalized medicine and patient-disease management forward.
- 70% of the total efforts in the personalized medicine space are focused on the various cancer segments taken together.
- The impact of microRNAs, epigenetics, and other novel biomarker classes on the cancer personalized medicine space is small currently—indeed the majority of biomarkers are gene- and protein expression-based.
- The impact of companion diagnostics and tailored therapeutics development is expected to expand the reach of personalized medicine beyond cancer into other disease classes.
- The collision of NGS into cancer personalized medicine has begun.